Fall’s pretty nice. There’s no arguing that. My birthday is even in the fall, yet every year I get an uneasy feeling when fall rolls around. Could it be I’m having flashbacks to starting school? Do I need to find a fall inspired drink to get me to feel better? No and no. The answer lies, I believe, in the weather. The leaves changing and cooler air is a really nice experience, but it’s what comes after that brings me down. Winter is gray, bitter cold and lasts forever. Every day that goes by I notice it getting darker earlier and colder. So, this year to distract from all that I’m choosing to embrace the fall as much as possible. I’m going to take notice of the little things and enjoy them. If you’re like me and aren’t so excited that fall is on the horizon here’s a list of things I’ll be taking notice of to make it a little more pleasant.
Things I’m looking forward to this fall:
- Scenery– There is no time of year that looks like fall. Pumpkins, squash, falling leaves,clear skies and the air is fragrant. Soak it up while it lasts.
- Halloween– I do still dress up (mostly for the makeup side of it), and so should you. It’s fun and can be a way to test your skills on looks you can only get away with for one day a year.
- Food– Thanksgiving is probably what comes to mind, but the rest of the food that comes during the fall is pretty delicious as well.
- Apple Picking– Almost every year my family and I take a trip and pick apples. It’s nice being outside for the day, doing something simple and getting to eat what you find.
- New Styles/Makeup– When else could you get away with wearing a coffee or gray matte nail polish? Fall allows for some leeway. I like the change of looks that occur during this time of year. I’m going to like wearing some deeper shades after wearing a lot of lighter colors during the summer.
How do you feel about the season change? Do you love fall?